
On July 10 I started another pattern by Summer Lee and got lost quickly and started over several times. I blamed the tiny circulars, and not being able to print out the pattern onto paper, and instead tried to read it off my laptop. Duh. I wasted a whole day trying to use other needles: two circulars, double pointed needles etc. to no avail. While this start looks good in the picture, it was way off the pattern and I couldn't figure out how to get back to the right place. So frustrating.
So I ripped it all out and began again the next day. This time I made up a designand was determined to make this work. Still trying to find the right needles and finally returning to the tiny circulars and lo and behold, I actually got them to work for me. The first sock was tedious as I was still learning, but by the second sock, knitting the cuff just flew! Amazing.
When I finished the pair, it was bury the ends time and the first sock was a mess, but by the second sock I kept up with the burying as I knit. Cast on 64, Using size 2 for the cuff and leg, and size 1 for the foot, toe and afterthought heel. Various merino/nylon yarns.



These are fun- I am intrigued and excited about using one size needle for the leg and one size for the foot-- I might see if that helps some of my fit problems. Especially for colorwork legs which are always tight.
ReplyDeletehooray for not giving up!
ReplyDeleteI love this pair! The colors are beautiful!! ~becky from indiana
ReplyDelete