I finally got back in the studio, leaving my house cleaning binge in the dust. ha!
While I really like the first red tunic, I wanted to make a few changes on the second gray one. Leaving off the collar and making the bottom A-line, with no slits were the modifications.
The buttons are next, for both of these, which are mother of pearl . I sew those all on by machine.
I loved the big pockets that I saw on this pattern (Simplicity 1543) so I copied them.
And for the gray tunic I made big swooping A-line pockets . They are so roomy.
It's a great feeling to finally get the tunics I wanted for so long. In the right size and shape.