Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Fresh Linens


Fresh Linens
Hand dyed cottons, fused, machine quilted, mounted on painted wood panel. $100 Email me.


 I felt the need to work in clean bright pastels. I have kept my fabrics in drawers, arranged by color, with one drawer just of lights. When I open that one, it is always so enticing, like fresh linens. The resulting work is more subtle than my usual pieces, but it clearly fills the bill. The working title, which is what I have in my mind as things develop was Baby's First Art Quilt. Get 'em started young!

 Several requests have come in asking about how I mount these quilts on the wooden panel. I refer them to this post. The paint I use is acrylic craft paint in those small bottles, like Americana.
Deco Art Americana 2oz Acrylics

No comments:

Post a Comment