Thursday, October 15, 2015

In Other News. . .

 Just because I am sewing, doesn't mean I am not knitting. This is a non-wool combo for Kathleen. I am about to start on the side panels/sleeves. So far it is 27 inches in length.

++++
And I am pleased to announce my new regime in the kitchen is working as planned. My lovely counter was always full of dirty dishes, crumbs, jelly blobs, half drunk orange juice glasses, and dried on plates of unfinished midnight meals. Then it dawned on me to, um, ...I want to say this in the nicest way possible---ban Dave from cooking in MY KITCHEN. Mmwa-ha-ha!
He balked and complained but I won the argument and it has worked for two weeks. I allow him to cook during the night, as long as he does it surreptitiously, not leaving me any clues that he was there. His worst habit, besides leaving drawers and doors open, was dumping food in the wrong side of the sink, not where the disposal is. So to fix that, I put a plastic dishpan in that sink and now he dumps his scraps into the right side of the sink. Yay!!
 
Why didn't I think of this sooner? This has instituted some changes in my routine too, emptying the dishwasher first thing in the morning, so breakfast dishes have some place to go.

++++
 It's fig season, at last. Our three figs have been growing so fast this summer and are loaded with figs, but only a couple ripen at a time.
 
And we have soooo many peppers. What a great end to the summer!

 

4 comments:

  1. When I got a dishwasher for the first time in my adult life last year, I inadvertently discovered a new routine, which works great for keeping me on track. I wet the dogs food, and while they wait impatiently for it to soak, that is the time that I load and/or unload the dishwasher. So far its working great, and its so fun to NOT have a counter full of clean and/or dirty dishes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to admit, having a routine makes my life better. I have had to force my daughter, while she lived with me for four years after a divorce, to get into a couple of my routines so I could keep my life/home in control. I like the idea that I can be spontaineous but the few routines I have keep me a bit more sane. ��

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to try the tub in the sink trick. We just moved and are getting used to a new routine and sink. The disposal is on the right in this house!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! Ha, Love your kitchen mess solution! Your kitchen looks great. I was going crazy over my dh putting the dishes in the dishwasher in the WRONG slots. So now I put them all in, and he takes them out and shelves them! Walla! Problem solved.

    ReplyDelete