Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Recycled Quilting

 I always keep a quilt sandwich handy to warm up my machine quilting before I start quilting the real thing. Eventually it gets filled up and I kept trying to find a reason to use this or toss it out. Then I noticed my disgusting current set of potholders and voila, the exact thing to replace them was at hand. My practice piece was about 20x17", so cutting it into four pieces results in two 8x10" double thick potholders . I sewed a loop for each one and bound them as I would a quilt.
 

11 comments:

  1. Great idea. Your practice piece is beautiful. I am a new longarm quilter and my practice pieces would make a dog barf......

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made placemats out of mine. I just couldn't throw them away :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Very clever of you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Terrific idea! The potholders look wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I make them the size that the animal shelter wants for pet mats.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is one cool TIP and I don't take tips very often...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think you should experiment with fabric paints on them! They'd be gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete