Saturday, September 10, 2016

Magenta October Gift

 

Magenta October Gift
Hand dyed cottons and silks, fused, machine quilted and hand embroidered. 11.5x24"
Made for Leslie K.
I seem to be travelling in the wayback machine, remaking older designs. This version is number four in the series, and the only one that got the fancy quilting treatment. I was given magenta as the background theme and found some gorgeous colors in my stash, just waiting for this moment. The leaves came from scraps my sister Brooke dyed and let me keep.


11 comments:

  1. It's gorgeous!
    Melody, I'm in your online fusing class, and was wondering if you quilt the moon and background before you fuse the tree and leaves?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Mary, I actually thought ahead and fused the tree and then quilted everything, finally adding the leaves, then embroidery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy! Love the warm/cool colors playing so nicely with each other.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful color play! I love the Oriental feel of this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It IS beautiful, and it's for me! I forwarded a picture of it to some quilting friends who absolutely love the simple design coupled with eye-popping colors. It's really a stunning quilt. Thank you, Melody!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've still got it, Girl. This is beautiful. The "moon" image is made in an especially clever way, subtly combining shapes and colors that result in lively impact. Your creations seem at first glace to be fairly simple, but the more one studies them, the more one sees how creative they are and how impossible they would be to duplicate (if one were so inclined).

    ReplyDelete
  7. And I do believe that I have both the companion pieces! Teri Donovan

    ReplyDelete