Recently I have been 'trying out' the sit down quilting machines at my sister's store. They feature the Babylock Tiara and it's pretty fabulous. My friend Mary has the Juki and it is also pretty fabulous. I've been trying out all over quilting designs on both of these, assuming that they would help me quilt a larger functional quilt in a super hurry.
I learned some new designs, but still incorporated some of my old stuff into the mix too. The difference in the quilting machine was the ease of movement because of the table. And the huge bobbin allowed for hours of quilting without having to change the bobbin. I learned one important thing that made a huge difference in the reverse side of the quilt. I pulled up the bobbin thread at the start and that left the back looking better. Not that it matters but that is something I never usually did.
Here's the back, which because of the busy prints, the quilting is difficult to see.
It took about three and a half hours to quilt the thing and I am really jazzed about the experience. I am ready to quilt up the remaining 10 tops waiting in the wings.