Friday, December 9, 2016

Inspired by Bosnaquilt

I've been studying the quilts at Bosnaquilt Werkstatt  and loving their strength and simplicity. I had to try my hand at making one. Turns out simple is not so simple.
Here's how lovely and elegant theirs are:
Die Bosna Quilt Werkstatt in Bregenz | Flickr:
While mine got a little more fussy. But it is only my first try.
I photographed this horizontally and can't decide which is the top. I suppose it doesn't matter...it works either way.
 

This is the reverse side, totally different, yes? I quilted it from the solids side and changed thread colors to match that side, including the bobbin, so the quilting on the 'house' side is often contrasting.
 Bosna #1. Hand dyed and commercial cottons, machine pieced and machine quilted, 53x70". $500 Email me.

5 comments:

  1. Wow! I love those and yours is great too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melody, that's wonderful, and the alternate side is great for a completely fresh look. Are they your hand dyes on the front?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you would like the pattern and paintings of Caroline Havers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw the Bosna quilts for the first time in 1998 when there was a big American Quilt-expo in Innsbruck (Austria).Me and some friends went exploring the city and then in a small building we discovered the BOSNA quilts. We all loved them and still do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's been ages since I dropped by and here you are still making glorious quilts. I have your painting on my wall in the dining room and often look at it and think fondly of you and the delicious colors you and I both enjoy. -Carmen Shenk, www.carmenshenk.com

    ReplyDelete