Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Flip and Sew QAYG


There were some fabrics leftover from the demo quilt and I wanted to include Flip and Sew for my class on Saturday. Using ONLY leftover strips and leftover batting.
Quilted center, 36x43" ready for adding QAYG borders. 

  
I had some strips of batting which I connected by using this Heat Press tape and a teflon sheet. Worked great!

 This made a large piece of batting about 36x44" and I then used a large ruler to divide the batting into three parts. 
 I found a yard of fabric in my stash that was used for the backing. Then I got out my strip collection to add to the leftovers from the demo quilt. 

 The beginning two strips lined up with the edges of section #1. I used a walking foot to sew them and quilt them down simultaneously.
Each strip is added to the previous ones and pressing as I go. The whole quilt took about three hours total. I can then add borders to enlarge this finished start.

4 comments:

  1. I *LOVE* those fabrics.

    Now I'm itching to go to the quilt store and add to a stash that only seems to get bigger.

    I am such a sucker for batiks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got to try this out!! Lovely selection of fabric left overs in there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved being in your class at Ready Set Sew on Saturday!! It was an awesome experience. Thank you so much for being there. Looking forward to the next class.

    ReplyDelete