Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Flip and Sew QAYG


There were some fabrics leftover from the demo quilt and I wanted to include Flip and Sew for my class on Saturday. Using ONLY leftover strips and leftover batting.
Quilted center, 36x43" ready for adding QAYG borders. 

  
I had some strips of batting which I connected by using this Heat Press tape and a teflon sheet. Worked great!

 This made a large piece of batting about 36x44" and I then used a large ruler to divide the batting into three parts. 
 I found a yard of fabric in my stash that was used for the backing. Then I got out my strip collection to add to the leftovers from the demo quilt. 

 The beginning two strips lined up with the edges of section #1. I used a walking foot to sew them and quilt them down simultaneously.
Each strip is added to the previous ones and pressing as I go. The whole quilt took about three hours total. I can then add borders to enlarge this finished start.

6 comments:

  1. I *LOVE* those fabrics.

    Now I'm itching to go to the quilt store and add to a stash that only seems to get bigger.

    I am such a sucker for batiks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got to try this out!! Lovely selection of fabric left overs in there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved being in your class at Ready Set Sew on Saturday!! It was an awesome experience. Thank you so much for being there. Looking forward to the next class.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Melody,
    Are you adding strips through both the batting and backing simultaneously? I'd love to see what the back looks like after you got your strips added. I think I understand what you're doing.... Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes I am sewing through all the layers. The back looks plain with lines of straight stitching. The quilt is no longer in my possession, as it was a store sample.

    ReplyDelete