Monday, September 18, 2017

Bosna #3 Done-a-roo

Bosna #3, cotton, machine pieced and machine quilted. 63" square. I am slowly getting the series quilted, and have one top left to quilt, before I continue adding to the series. In my head I am thinking 15 pieces would make a great exhibit. I have 8 so far.
 I particularly like this one, because it accomplishes the subtle color shifts associated with Harold Krisel's work, which I hope to emulate. Secretly, it also gives me a reason to collect blues, teals  and oranges of various shades to incorporate in these works. 
As for my imagined exhibit, I have no venue or invitation, so this is all a fantasy, but these days I am believing in 'if you build it, they will come'.
The sewing room at church has been met with tremendous enthusiasm and I am so thrilled at the response. Hurray!!!





3 comments:

  1. Pleased to read that the sewing room is up and running! Love your colours in Bosna #3 and of course, your beautiful detailed quilting. It would be great to see all 15 in this series exhibited.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so much fun to watch these come together! Truly astounding. You're correct - they will come.

    ReplyDelete
  3. keep going!! your colors happy and invigorating. the quilting and texture rock

    ReplyDelete