Wednesday, January 3, 2018

I changed my mind



At first I was thrilled to have all my baking supplies at the ready on this shelf, but now that the holiday baking is over and my 2018 diet has begun, I had to put baking on the back burner, so to speak. As I emptied the dishwasher and returned my pots to their spot under the sink, I thought, "Hey, I don't like this set up, why not make the pots easier to use". Since we had cleaned and decluttered the pantry/maintenance closet, I moved the baking stuff in and used that shelf for my pots. Perfecto!

 As you can see I have two more of those shelves. I got them at Walmart and are so easy to assemble and move and re-use for different items. I had one in our other house's bathroom and one in my other sewing room. Now they live perfectly in the pantry.
 All of the house maintenance stuff is on the existing shelves, and has been greatly condensed and cleaned up.
Currently Alberto the Magnificent is working on the upstairs bath to make it my new laundry room. the tub has been removed and the dryer vent, water faucets are in and today the work resumes.

8 comments:

  1. Does Alberto have a brother or cousin or whatever who could help me in Texas? I envy you finding such a gem. Good luck with the updates to your new home. Annick H.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pots look perfect on that rack! I like it turned 90ยบ, as well.

    Alberto is indeed magnificent. Whatever he charges. Getting things done...what a concept! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so nice that we can change our minds on a whimp. I always rethinking projects and what to do or how to do it. Love the sun porch. Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pot rack solution - it makes cooking so much easier when you are able to grab a pot quickly doesn't it. Will the new laundry be a Wet Room for dyeing purposes when need be?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Melody- I just found your artwork and have now spent several hours, in between painting trim, to view lots your lovely fabric work. I am drawn to the bright colors! I find just looking at your quilts makes me feel happy. All my craft stuff is currently packed in boxes in the garage as we prepare to move (I know from reading your blog you understand!). After 20 years of my craft room having crummy old carpet, it is finally getting upgraded. This weekend I put in beautiful maple laminate floors. I was looking for some inspiration, wanting to make something bright for the room to show off the bright white walls. Then I found your blog. I'm going to try to emulate your style and do a few wall hangings. Thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a hanging pot rack which I love!

    ReplyDelete
  7. tried to sign up for blog by email and it would not take it, click and zip happens... I am very sad as I have lost so many of my blog reads..... reader stopped..... lonestarpbx@aol.com can you sign me up for both your blogs from that side???? Thanks.... love the way you are forever moving things around.

    Saturday two others with me spent 5 hours working on a storage area that 14 years of grit... junk and special things.... three car loads gone and a hall full of stuff to decide on...... New Years are Great...

    ReplyDelete