Thursday, February 22, 2018

Improv Day

 The plan if there even was one, was to use scraps. Ha! I had some already cut slices of beautiful solids and one or two stripes and that got me going. I decided to make this Quilt As You Go, so I searched for large batting scraps. The piece I found was long and narrow, so I cut it in half and used fused cottons fabric to connect the pieces.  

 Then I sewed the connecting parts with a zig zag stitch. The reverse will be the part the top covers. It will be smoother.
 Then the sewing began.
 This is the way it hangs on my design wall, but what if I turn it 90 degrees? oooooh!

Of course this is still in pieces, and more will come, but it is a good start and I am giddy over the colors.

4 comments:

  1. You have a beautiful start here. And I love how you pieced your batting scraps with fused scraps. Genius!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Can't wait to see where it ends up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so enjoy watching you create!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All of your posts are like a breath of fresh air....the color is wonderful too!

    ReplyDelete