Thursday, January 17, 2019

Bowls: Round Two

 Picking up from where we left off yesterday, I began applying the slices to glasses, and a lightbulb. I think I am getting the hang of it now, smoothing as I go and filling in the gaps with small dots of clay. Covering the lightbulb was the easiest, because it is smaller of course and requires fewer slices, but this will still be a usable bowl. Use for what? Salt, earrings, paper clips, and around my workspace, little cutters. 

 Here's a closeup of where I filled in the gaps with a dot of clay. Invisible on the inside and not too bad on the outside.

And the cured (baked) results. Today is the birthday party for December girls at Knitwits, and two of these will become gifts. Hard to decide...you can see the newer ones are finer and thinner, but one does want to gift something that will not disintegrate quickly. Hmmm.

3 comments:

  1. Absolutely extraordinarily beautiful! What amazing detail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am really enjoying your newest art form! And those bowls - WOW!!! Thanks for sharing!!!!

    ReplyDelete