Thursday, January 16, 2020

New for 2020

This charity quilt-as-you-go is finished, today as a matter of fact, and what it lacks in artistic flair, it more than makes up for in reducing the scrap pile. No new fabric (or batting!) was used in the making of this quilt. Since it was sewing lots of little strips, it filled the free time I had in between making Christmas cookies and complaining that it didn't seem like Christmas at all this year. Shirt sleeves and sandals and lots of rain. However, nothing to shovel either, so it ain't all bad.

When I wasn't sewing or complaining, I spent my holidays watching MURDER on Amazon and Netflix. I recently decided to subscribe to Acorn TV and it is all British murder, all the time. Lots of mystery thrillers with lavish mansions or darling little villages and gardens. 
While watching I knit. 
This is the new raglan sleeve version of my all time fave Diamond Patchwork Jacket. Yarns used were Noro Silk Garden, Poems Worsted, Lion Brand Amazing, and Boreal. I changed the pattern slightly at the neckline (a great improvement, imho) and the sides have slits up to the edges of the first diamond. While it is multicolored it remains tasteful instead of garish. 
My dear friend Vista modeled for me and I accidentally cut off her head. Here she is with it back on. Sorry Vista.
It measures 28" long from the base of the back neck and is 26" from side seam to side seam or 52" around. Nice and roomy. It is available for $150, shipping included. Email me. SOLD





6 comments:


  1. I really like this new style.Nice.Keep up the good work.








    ReplyDelete
  2. As much as I have loved all the other versions of this sweater/jacket, this one is my favorite! Will you be sharing an updated pattern?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely jacket! It's as if you transposed the colors from your scrappy quilt right into the yarns for the jacket. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love the richness of scrap quilts, a never ending feast for the eyes to wander round

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nothing nicer than the satisfaction of using up the scraps! Love the new style jacket, the two jackets I bought from you a few years ago are worn constantly through our Winter months, I'm always being asked if I knitted them myself and I find great satisfaction in telling folk they were knitted by an internet pal in the States! They have never seen anything so colourful here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love, love, love the knitted jacket. So beautiful. I was sorry to see it had sold already.

    ReplyDelete