Tuesday, September 29, 2020

Ta Da!



This is the umpteenth Cardivest I have knitted and it is going to Judith, per request. The yarns are Auraucania Toconao Solid, 100% merino, and the variegated is Cascade Casablanca, wool, silk and mohair. For this model, I tried to match the colors on the fronts which meant working from two skeins, starting at the same colors to begin. But even doing that, the skeins weren't exactly identical.

   

And then for something completey different: My old and new faucet got switched yesterday,

This one came with the house and I just didn't like it. O it is pretty alright, but  has so many places where crud can come to live. I don't like having to use two knobs to adjust the temperature and I really hate that sprayer on the side. I have sprayed myself more than I care to say. My new faucet is streamlined and resembles the other bathroom faucets and that makes it better in my mind. It has a great feature, an electric eye which means turning the water on or off is just done with a sweep of the hand. I LOVE this. Gooey hands need not touch the faucet at all. My kind of design. Two buttons are for the spray or single stream jet. Of course it has a pull out spray function too. The handle is for adjusting the right temp, which stays in that position when the faucet is off. The side pump is for dishsoap, meaning no bottle needs to be on the counter top. 


So happy!

5 comments:

  1. I have a similar faucet and love the "hand wave" controls. Very convenient!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your modular knitting is great. i'm a bit obsessed at the moment and knitting a jacket. could easily add sleeves to this vest (if you really wanted to!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah, This vest idea started after knitting zillions of similarly designed jackets. See them here:https://www.ravelry.com/projects/Fibermania

    ReplyDelete
  4. We replaced our worn out kitchen faucet with an electric eye one too……OMG….how did I live w/o this feature…….I LOVE IT and you will too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My Mother has a Delta that has given her nothing but problems. I might suggest this one the next time she goes to replace it.

    I have a Dishmaster, which I love. I have an old style kitchen so it's retro look fits right in. Plus I love the push button soap and rinse feature.

    ReplyDelete