Thursday, December 3, 2020

Knitting and Reading

Ooooohh, I was lucky and got the first copy of this mystery from my library. I love Anthony Horowitz, creator or Foyle's War (with yummy Michael Kitchen) and Midsommer Murders, as well as the YA series Alex Rider, which I just finished watching on Amazon. This is a mystery inside a mystery and it will be produced for PBS Masterpiece in 2021. The detective, Atticus Pund, will be played by Sir Kenneth Branaugh, as a German. Too fun. O how I wish I could read and knit at the same time. That would be heaven. 
We got a dusting of snow this week and it of course disappeared before I could take a picture. Nonetheless, it is suddenly cold and just in time for the holidays. Sigh. I am happy to stay in and cozy, by the fire. We have a gas fireplace, but had no logs until this week. I don't want to burn real wood, too messy, plus we don't have a convenient forest as we once had, so getting the wood isn't a simple thing. So like anyone with a computer, I ordered fake logs and they showed up at my door, and within minutes I had them arranged on the grate and ready to enjoy the flickering flames. Ain't life grand?

 

Here's the latest offering, a giant Baktus scarf, in black merino and rainbow Casablanca, wool, silk and mohair.
I stood on a step stool over my table to shoot this and couldn't get it all in, but you get the idea.

I knit a donut to hold the ends together, but of course you can toss the ends over your shoulder for a casual flair. Free shipping, $60, email me at fibermania at gmail dot com.

3 comments:

  1. Audio books are your answer! I love then and listen with an iPod while I do practically everything. There are thousands available through your local library. Give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holly beat me to it! By sheer coincidence I'm just listening to 'Magpie Murders' while I stitch. It's my first Anthony Horowitz book and won't be my last.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love a good mystery and enjoyed Foyle's War SO MUCH!!! I have an old IPOD that I download books from the library (free of course) and listen to the book when I knit, clean, blow my hair dry (I put in ear buds!) even painting the deck! Put my ipod in my pocket and put on my ear buds! Downloading is so easy and it's free! You can see that's the best part!

    ReplyDelete