Thursday, August 27, 2026

Truffle Shawl Variation #6

This little shawl is the fingering version, which makes it more suitable for warmer weather wearing. It is knit from the center outward and then the neck stitches are picked up and knitted upward, and finally the bottom stitches are picked up from the middle section and knit downward. It is a very satisfying construction, if you ask me. I also added eyelets and my new fave picot bind off.  I am truly enjoying working with lighter weight yarns, as the finished products are so feather light to wear.  
And just yesterday I received another request from a different lady at church to knit a shawl for her niece, who keeps borrowing the one I knit for the church lady. So it seems that I am ready to open the blog to requests from you readers for your custom knit shawl, scarf or Shawlette from moi. They are $45 plus shipping. email me or text me. My email and number are in the side bar.
 
Chroma fingering and Stroll fingering , 100% merino, both from Knitpicks. Needles, 2 and 3. 

No comments:

Post a Comment