Tuesday, September 29, 2026

Shawl Season

 Ojos de Dios scarf.  This scarf was inspired by the Lubushka Cowl pattern to which I added a lot of red and lengthened into a long scarf.

 It has occured to me finally that here in Tennessee it never gets cold like it did in Illinois (really??) and that led me to switch to making lighter weight garments and accessories. So I am using more fingering weight yarns and finer sport and DK weights. These take a bit more time to knit, on much smaller needles, but are just wonderful to wear all year long. Our church has great AC and I would have been chilly all summer, but for the shawls I have worn. 
All merino in sport weights, size 3 needles. 

 My second shawl of this update is called Autumn Transitions. I have used mostly Merino Bliss 175 and some merino sock yarns. It consists of bands of garter ridges followed by five sets of slipped stitches on a stockinette base. I used a softer graduated palette in keeping with the season.













 Just for fun, here is the backside of the Ojos Scarf, lots of ends to weave in, which I finished!

2 comments:

  1. These are so fun! I'm in oklahoma where we have the same problem (doesn't ever get really cold enough for heavyweight kints) so I knit almost exclusivly in fingering weight. Lots of short sleeve knit tops and lightweight shawls. I love love love seeing all your experiments!

    ReplyDelete