Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Autumn Hues

Autumn Hues
Hand dyed cottons, fused, machine quilted
11.5 x 23" $200 Email me. SOLD

It seems like a quite a long while since last I made a fused quilt. But I have been out and about, or at home sitting and knitting and waiting for something to get my butt in gear. The holiday did it. While everyone else was out shopping on Black Friday, I cleared the decks and got out my fabric. Then a great big icy fear took over. Nothing happened. I went directly to my Pinterest collection of inspiring works and fed my muse. Then I got back on the horse and selected these wonderful shades of the season and that broke the ice. I almost called this the Icebreaker.
One's mindset makes such a difference when working improvisationally. I told myself to let go of judgement and self editing and  just have fun. I began with a pitiful composition but kept making incremental additions and subtractions until I was in the zone again. There is nothing quite like that feeling.


4 comments:

  1. Glad you are fusing again; I love to look at your work! Autumn Hues is lovely, especially the lower half.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! Glad you were able to get the inspiration fired up... sometimes, it's so hard! Keep feeding the muse...

    ReplyDelete
  3. And how I like your muse when it gets going!! I'm so glad you share your work. It inspires me every time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh,rich,glowing colors and interesting design and quilting....love it. Julie

    ReplyDelete