Saturday, February 14, 2015

Budding

Budding
Hand dyed silks, cotton sateen and various cottons, fused, machine quilted, mounted on painted wood panel. 11x14" $100 Email me. SOLD.
I had been saving that piece of silk for. ever. and finally decided to use it. I cut it in half first and then inserted a piece of sateen with vibrant red hot colors. What am I doing? Ackkk? But I just kept building and decided after a while... that I had an exciting background! Gulp. 
What goes good with orange-y red? Purple. So strips of purple were applied and then the dots of color and voila! It's amazing how bits of fabric can make me so happy.


6 comments:

  1. You always find the right contrasting colors to use! This is yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favourite colours! Love the design.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My new favorite of your new little quilts. Its the hot and the cool together and the rich,dark colors and the soft pale hues. Love it. Julie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am impressed with all your work! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. do you just glue the circles and stripes?

    ReplyDelete