Monday, October 12, 2015

Mini-Smock #2





Now I am really starting to have fun. The pattern has been adjusted so it is exactly what I want and I can play with fabrics and details to make it Melclothes instead of Gudrun copies.
These two fabrics are leftovers from two different quilts. Both madras plaids. I had barely enough of each to finish the garment. Instead of facing the neckline, I used pieces of bias and for the pockets I had just enough to sew a band on the top edge.
I have purple or red leggings to wear with this, as well as purple and red jeans. I am set!
Friendship star challenge top. Hand dyed cottons and thrift shop shirts. 53.5x56", unquilted.
Leaping Light Blocks! unquilted top, 64x78" Cotton, machine pieced:
Leaping Light Blocks!

unquilted top, 64x78" Cotton, machine pieced

4 comments:

  1. That tunic dress is awesome! I've been following the development of your garments with interest and its so so fun in the bright fabrics!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really cute, and I love the colors! Glad you found the magic formula!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now, this one I love! You have put your mark on the inspiration and made it uniquely yours!
    Joan from Missouri

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your work, it is so colourful and happy.

    ReplyDelete