Saturday, July 14, 2018

I've been sewing. . .


New Look Pattern 6561 Misses' Shirts in Three Lengths

 
 This is from the same New Look pattern, just different lengths. And on the second one I expanded the width to make it more of a smock, which I love to wear over tees and pants. It has set in pockets and a pleat with loop at the back yoke. Nice details. I added side vents at the hem.

 I need more white in my wardrobe so I did this top in white Waverley cotton. I like the fit but hate the wrinkles which immediately form when I put on my seat belt. Grrrrrr.



 This is a freeform kimono with multiple prints. Just fun to make and to wear. I made it buttonable instead of ties.

 Speaking of wrinkles, handkerchief linen/rayon blend. So crisp and perfect until one wears it anywhere. Old Issey Miyake pattern.
 Raglan sleeve pullover dress in crinkle dyed cotton, which I bought from Fabric.com a few years ago. This one is just great to wear and doesn't show the wrinkles.
And then I needed black pants and went for the wide leg. Two knits, one rayon challis and one linen/rayon blend. Can't have too many pants.

5 comments:

  1. Loved the Kimono. Don't know what Freeforn means, perhaps you could give us a few tips. Thanks. Frankie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. simple drafting, adding and deleting what I want
      http://www.sewready.co.uk/diy-kimono-jacket-guide-making/

      Delete
  2. WOW! Great wardrobe. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Indeed you have been busy. Embrace the wrinkles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Out with the old and in with the new!! Looks like you can make several different outfits - mix and match!! Great job.

    ReplyDelete