Thursday, March 7, 2019

Lenten Banners

 Yesterday, Ash Wednesday, was the first time my new banners were on display in the sanctuary. I am so thrilled to see them. And even more thrilled that they were done three days early! 

 The background is purple felt, with silk shantung circles, plus a few hand dyed cotton circles, all fused on. Then the crosses are iron on foil. All these fabrics, minus the felt, have been sitting in a drawer, already fused, for about 10 years, waiting for a use. Finally found one. 
The only sewing on these was the rod pocket. and I used my machine at church in our quilt room. Funny thing, I rearranged that room to make it easier to function and now I am thinking about making something in fabric again. Tiny ideas are creeping in. Mostly I gotta do Easter banners, and then Epiphany and Regular time...and finally Advent. No more felt tho. That was a pain.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful long shot of the banners in the church, perfect placing either side of the cross. I do hope the 'tiny ideas' that are creeping in about playing with fabric come to fruition.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! Love the lemon yellow paint on the walls!

    ReplyDelete