Thursday, September 5, 2019

Picking up the Needles Again

 
These days, after quilting with friends, I like to sit in front of the TV and knit. Luckily I had something started from the last time it was cold out and it was nearly finished, so lucky me to have a project ready to complete.

 
I had taken names and offered yarn choices and this was the choice of previous recipient Katherine Mc. Noro Silk Garden and Cascade Venezia, a luxurious blend of merino and silk. So luscious to knit and wear. If I am lucky and have enough yarn left, I like to include a matching scarf like this. Plus, make a little doughnut ring to hold the ends of the scarf, instead of a bulky knot.


 Here's a casual way to toss on the ensemble. 

4 comments:

  1. This is so inspiring.

    I too like to knit (and crochet) during the cold months. Then I usually shift to quilting during the warm months.

    ReplyDelete
  2. creative spirit is hard to keep down. Good to see you back blogging

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I also prefer to knit when it's cold out and quilt just about all the time.
    Lovely vest. I'm happy to read your blog again, too. I hope life is going well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had wondered if you were still knitting, each time I wear one of the cardigans you knitted for me I get such a heap of people admiring and asking where did I buy them!! I love saying they were knitted in America! Your latest creation has beautiful colour combinations and the extra of a scarf is a great idea.

    ReplyDelete