Saturday, January 23, 2021

Sideways Cowl #3

To say I am obsessed may be an understatement. I love this new technique and all the possibilites available to me. This second pastel version was made for Linda from Lansing. (Brilliant name, so alliterative). She requested hot pink, turquoise and lime, and they are all in there. 
The base yarn is Casablanca again, as it has the most gentle transitions between colors, and then I found contrasts which came in many different yarns. 
Working in the new wool is so lovely. It has life, springiness and softness. Not itchy at all. It's hard to believe this glamorous fiber used to keep a sheep warm.
And knitting is so meditative and portable. I bring it with me when I take my sister to physical therapy (knee replacement) and just knit in my car while I wait. Visitors are not allowed in the clinic anyway.
At home I am cosily ensconced in what I am now calling the knitting room, with my laptop playing Netflix, or Hulu or the news. What could be better? I just finished the new episodes of Last Tango in Halifax and all four seasons of Fargo. Then I discovered knitting podcasts on Youtube. I have got it made!


When viewed flat before seaming, it is easy to see how it is constructed. Simple yet effective. 
Here's the back neck seam. 
On to the next project!


3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this technique. After your first post I went to Ravelry right away and found a hat to try it with. Like you, I find it easy and relaxing--much easier than Fair Isle knitting which I had recently tried as well. Your yarns are beautiful! Happy Knitting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As usual, absolutely fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is this a pattern that is available? Or is it a variation of the Shift cowl?

    ReplyDelete