Sunday, July 19, 2026

#11 Pinstripe Sock

 The second variation of  The Solution sock. This time I used my own hand dyed sock yarn paired with Knit Picks Chroma Fingering in Mocktail colorway, the main body color.  Both are merino and nylon and I used size 2 for everything but the foot which was size 1 needles. Cast on 64, which turns out to be the right size for my foot. Yay!  I attempted to match the main color and had to unspool a massive amount of beige colored yarn to get near to the same color to start sock #2. Close, but not close enough. Nevermind I still love these. 

 
Sock one starts light blue then yellow, and sock two goes from pale orange to blue. The contrasting yarn is multi-colored (the heel shows it ) and looks entirely different against the main color.

 Matching is overrated. 

 So glad I made these. Sigh.

2 comments:

  1. Matching is overrated - I think they look great! By the way I wanted to mention on your last post that I think your solution to the issue you had was ingenious but also completely mind-boggling to me how anybody could do that. I'm not a knitter although I did knit a tiny bit when I was a child.

    ReplyDelete