Thursday, January 18, 2018

Gingham and Dots


 It got cold here in Chattanooga and I decided to move the furniture out of the freezing sunroom and into the living room. It is amazing how much red I have collected. Looking at it all I got inspired and ordered this duvet cover for our beds. 
 Inline image 1 And I dug out some more gingham and made bedroom curtains and then more gingham was found at Walmart and curtains got made for the living room too. I am on a gingham spree!



The couch is covered with another gingham table cloth and the dogs have taken up residence.
All that is needed is a red and white quilt for the wall. Turns out I have many red and white fabrics. Who knew?
Last week I hung a second smaller design wall next to the sewing machine and what a difference that makes. I can stick things up and they don't get lost in the jumble of scraps.
 I'm going with Bear Paw/Log cabin for my motif. Just three blocks and lots of borders to make a long panel. So fun.
 The larger design wall holds a fave quilt, which is reminding me to quilt it. Daily. I love this studio and think it is the best I have ever had. So bright, sunny and warm and efficient. What took me so long to get the idea to put a design wall up next to the machine? Duh.

No comments:

Post a Comment