Yesterday Tuesday quilter Diane brought over the two 4x8' styrofoam panels and we proceeded to trim and mount them on the new big studio wall. As you can see we had to make a space for the phone and internet outlets, but it is only about a foot square missing from the whole. The crown molding and floor baseboard meant we had to trim the 96" length to 89", but it was simple with the use of a craft knife. Luckily I had a brand new 90x108" batting to cover the green styrofoam and we were off to the races! Right off the bat we put our rail fence star blocks and 9 patches up and began to sew more parts.
Today I removed the previous blocks and put the Thursday quilter's Dutch Wax batik blocks up and I await further instructions from Joan who has the final count of how many blocks we will need to complete this project. Only 30 blocks are sewn into a piece (the top 5 rows) at this time. 8 inch blocks.
Meanwhile I have been anticipating Autumn! Here's a cardivest made from Red Poppy merino by Martha Stewart and Cascade Casablanca wool, silk and mohair. This vest is unassigned, meaning I don't have a waiting recipient, so it is available to you. The sizing is 42" bust, 50" hip and 31" in length.
I am dying for the leaves to change color to this combination and so enjoyed imagining them while I knit. There was enough yarn to knit a matching scarf, to finish off the ensemble. The price is $100 plus shipping, ($14) check or paypal. Email me. SOLD