Monday, February 15, 2021

Dots and Dashes Cowl #4


Today's cowl uses one predominate yarn, Boreal by Premier yarns in the Tundra colorway. It is a gradient from purple to magenta to green, to gray green. I added some medium purple and some really deep dark purple to the mix to contrast. 

The camera doesn't show how truly deep these colors are. So here they have a pastel look which is not really the case. You just have to trust me. The darkest purple I used was almost black so the camera couldn't 'allow' that to register. I also added three ridges of garter between each set of dots and dashes and that added to the overall length of the cowl. 

I wish I had more of this kind of gradient yarn as it makes the whole thing so cohesive. I tried to get more from someone on Ravelry who was selling it, and then she changed her mind and decided to keep it. Of course it is a discontinued product. 

4 comments:

  1. These are so beautiful! By chance, are dots and dashes cowl #4 or #2 for sale?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both are spoken for, but I would gladly discuss making one for you. Email me

    ReplyDelete