Wednesday, July 10, 2024

Inspired by Gudrun

Here's my inspiration from the Gudrun Sjoden website. I love the mix of prints, the bib/yoke, the slight gather under the bib and of course the pockets. Just everything but the price, which even on sale is $62 too much for my pocketbook.  


  I made a quick sketch and figured I could use my standard pajama pattern, McCalls 5992, in large, so it would be like a jacket. I drew lines for each section I would be cutting from different prints. I had a set of five fat quarters in black and white, and an additional two yard piece. Here's is the resulting combination.


 
I added a bias band with extention ties instead of the plain neckline. 

This is the sorta thing that really gets my juices flowing. The process of figuring out how I can achieve something, and then the doing of it, resulting in exactly my style of garment. 






7 comments:

  1. Amazing re-do! Your sewing is very inspiring--love to see the ideas and the results.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Investment is one of the best ways to achieve financial freedom. For a beginner there are so many challenges you face. It's hard to know how to get started. Trading on the Cryptocurrency market has really been a life changer for me. I almost gave up on crypto at some point not until saw a recommendation on Elon musk successfully success story and I got a proficient trader/broker Mr Bernie Doran , he gave me all the information required to succeed in trading. I made more profit than I could ever imagine. I'm not here to converse much but to share my testimony; I have made total profit returns of $20,500 from an investment of just $2000 within 1 week. Thanks to Mr Bernie I'm really grateful,I have been able to make a great returns trading with his signals and strategies .I urge anyone interested in INVESTMENT to take bold step in investing in the Cryptocurrency Market, he can also help you recover your lost funds, you can reach him on WhatsApp : +1(424) 285-0682 or his Gmail : BERNIEDORANSIGNALS@GMAIL.COM tell him I referred you













      This is the sorta thing that really gets my juices flowing. The process of figuring out how I can achieve something, and then the doing of it, resulting in exactly my style of garmentThis is the sorta thing that really gets my juices flowing. The process of figuring out how I can achieve something, and then the doing of it, resulting in exactly my style of garment.

      Delete
  2. I love your mix of fabrics. I'll bet I have some fat quarters and half yards of batiks I could use. They don't have my size so I would also have to draft a pattern. I did not notice it buttons down the front until I saw your version. I like that. I do not like having to pull things on and off over my head. I also like the generous neckline as I do not like things against my neck. I had never heard of this designer. Yes, the clothes are pricey even on sale. I didn't buy clothes for the longest time as I made my own, then after I retired mostly wore shorts and t-shirts and clothes I already had. I can't believe how expensive clothes have become. I will have to start sewing again as I can't afford $100 for one blouse or pair of pants. Plus off the rack never seems to fit right.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the garments from Gudrun, always colourful but as you say the price is a drawback.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete