Friday, August 7, 2015

August 6th

August 6th, because I couldn't think of a better name. Machine pieced cottons, 48x63.5". 

If  you can't tell if I am having fun, let me just shout it out. I AM HAVING FUN. I am using up previously started patchwork and scraps and whole slices of Kaffe Fassett fabrics and even a plaid. There is absolutely no angst involved in this work. And just yesterday I got my other sewing machine back from its tune-up and it runs like a brand new machine. I will be taking my other, other sewing machine (I have two Janome 6500Ps) in to get it serviced too and that will make me feel that I could keep this up for. ever.
Eventually, some of these will be quilted, but let's wait on that...I just wanna piece some more.

3 comments:

  1. Yup, I can see you're having fun. Glad to witness it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Melody

    I, too , am an arty quiler although nothing near your talent or success. For the last 2 weeks I have been making pillow cases for kids con kerr project.

    Then I have made quilts for the backs of plice cruisers for kids taken from their families.

    Well these have been the happiest sewing weeks ever for me. Mindless, choosing fabrics and just stitching. No staring at blank walls or white pages, no wondering if I am going no where , no wondering what to piece next etc .

    Just rediscovering the joy of sewing. This is a gift.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hah! Before I even scrolled to your words,I thought "Melody is having a blast these days"...glad you're enjoying making art and giving your blog readers so much eye candy. Julie

    ReplyDelete