Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Second Version

A shirt so nice I made it twice. When I buy fabric I usually get 2 yards, for shirts and tops, even if the width is 54-60". I have a large section of leftover linen-rayon from this top. Of course I'll save it for several years before an idea surfaces to use it. 

On this top I used a heavier thread for top stitching, and took advantage of the fringe selvedge to add interest to the pockets. The necklace is polymer clay and made by Debra DeWolff, an old friend from my art quilt group in Illinois. She is making jewelry again...

1 comment:

  1. Really enjoying the fashion posts.

    I wonder, if you placed the pockets so that they straddled the side seams, whether that would diminish the folds-falling-from-the-bust-point look that happens when using wovens?

    ReplyDelete