Wednesday, November 15, 2017

What? ? ?


We're moving AGAIN! I kid you not. It all began when my sister and I were surfing Zillow, looking for a house for her. It is not her time to move, but what caught my eye were the lovely homes for WAY LESS money than we paid to live downtown. We thought being downtown would mean lots of fun stuff to do, but reality is way different. We really can't take advantage of any of the attractions and the busy streets are so difficult when walking the dogs. So Dave and I started having house looking adventures, on our own at first and then with an agent. 
Everything we loved was snatched up in minutes after we saw them online, and what we saw in person was horrendous! I wanted something with privacy and quiet and a fenced yard for the pups. Space for my studio (of course) and a place for Dave to have his guitars, tv, stereo, drawing stuff and above all, LOW maintenance.
What we bought (yesterday!) was a condo, on a cul-de-sac, two floors, 700 sq. ft. bigger than our house, for $115K less! What a bargain, even with the very small HOA fees. The pups will have a yard and we will have plenty o'space for all the stuff we do. With LOW maintenance outdoors.
7809 Legacy Park Ct, Chattanooga, TN 37421
I never thought I could live in a condo, but love conquers all and it was love at first sight. It has a big open floor plan with three beds and three baths, walk in closets, walk in attic storage and even cabinets in the 2-car garage!
7809 Legacy Park Ct, Chattanooga, TN 37421
All the closets are wonderfully large, and have pug-hair colored carpeting. I told Dave, no painting, no plumbing, no shoveling, just vacuuming.
7809 Legacy Park Ct, Chattanooga, TN 37421This is the master downstairs and it is also huge. Lotsa beige. Hmm. I think I will have it painted before we move. 
7809 Legacy Park Ct, Chattanooga, TN 37421Upstairs is a huge bedroom with adjoining sitting room, with skylight and walk in closet, full bath and access to the attic storage. At first I was thinking this would be my studio space but instead I am taking the front bedroom downstairs, just the right size for me.
7809 Legacy Park Ct, Chattanooga, TN 37421
The screened porch is right off the dining room and faces east for morning coffee.7809 Legacy Park Ct, Chattanooga, TN 37421 7809 Legacy Park Ct, Chattanooga, TN 374217809 Legacy Park Ct, Chattanooga, TN 37421 
I am giving up my white on white interior for another beige one, but thinking ahead, the painters can come in and fix that before we move. We plan to switch houses slowly and stage our current place as this one is staged. What a difference it makes when you see the size of the rooms with furniture in them.



7809 Legacy Park Ct, Chattanooga, TN 374217809 Legacy Park Ct, Chattanooga, TN 37421
The eat-in kitchen is bright and cheery, with maple cabinets and granite counters (ugh). I will miss my white counters and gas stove  but that can be fixed too, eventually!
7809 Legacy Park Ct, Chattanooga, TN 37421
I love the turquoise living room pictured, but the reality is much darker than this photo. Too bad. Can't have dark and gloomy. White is needed, especially since we can have it done. Have it done is my new catch phrase. Yay!!!

16 comments:

  1. Wow, Melody, what a surprise! Looks like a beautiful place. How many sq ft?
    Good luck with your new place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well that is quite a surprise; you're pros at this moving thing! Hope this meets all your living expectations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't envy you moving again. Guess I did too much of it earlier in my life. The new place looks huge and will be wonderful when you get everything in and organized.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your new condo! It's so spacious and cool! Moving isn't fun but can be exciting. I look forward to following along as you transition to your delightful new home!

    Have a great day!
    D~~~~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow it looks amazing! Good luck with the move.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Where ??????? do you get the energy???? even with your "Have It Done" it takes energy.... and after you are moved I can't wait to see the none garden you will have..... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It certainly has space - and as you say those beige walls can be painted before you even get in there. And you will present your For Sale house so beautifully it will be snapped up. You are amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow. What about all of the plants you brought over from the first house to the new house? Will be be coming to the newest condo? The pots too?

    Well, this place does look bigger (but I thought you were trying to downsize) and the flow looks lovely. I hope you can make a profit on selling the new house so you have money left over for the newest condo.

    I lived in a condo once and would think three times before I did it again. They had very strict rules about window coverings and what you could have on your porch. They also kept raising the fees every year.

    Since the dogs have a yard, plus anxiety-free walks, this sounds like a great move. Even if it did come sooner than you expected.

    Congratulations. May your move be relaxing and problem-free.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! Downsizing was the idea, but it seems to have slipped my mind. As for the condo rules, I read them last night and am convinced that they'll keep the place nice looking and under control, and in our life control is very much needed. I am taking most of my blue pots, but they will live in the back yard, which is shady and will again feature hostas, my fave.
      We changed our patio garden over the last two days to appeal to the average younger person, and filled it with azaleas and pansies, so it will look inviting. Home inspection in two days, so we'll see what happens then.

      Delete
  9. It is huge!!! What a wonderful home :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. It seems like you just moved, but if the place your in doesn't work I totally understand why you are making the move. I can't wait to see the new place Melodyized!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on your new home! Use it in good health, as my grandmother would say. It will soon have your personalization, or "Melodyized", thanks to patty a above. Such a great word for what you will do!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I wish you and Dave a happy, healthy and creative time in your new home!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Having lived in the same house for nearly 50 years, I can't imagine moving so frequently!
    I hope that you will all (including the furry people) be very happy in the new home.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow you do get around!! I'm catching up on posts this morning - I love your new house, the rooms are such a huge size. The screened in porch is a great idea, wish we had one of those at our place.

    ReplyDelete