Monday, September 3, 2018

Labor Day 2018



 He deserves a nap after all the cleaning we've been doing the last two days. The sunroom will get used until December, when we put up the tree and close off this unheated room. Last year we learned our lesson with a huge electric bill.
 I finally decluttered my studio and now I am ready to make those darned curtains.,
What an inviting workspace, and how it de-stresses me to gaze upon it.
 The 'formal living room'...as if.
I share my studio space with this furniture, and it should stay looking neat since we rarely sit here.
O those blank walls! Must fix that.
I harvested a few peppers and some fennel fronds to enhance a meatloaf recipe. The fennel is so sweet and anise flavored. The peppers are Giant Marconi and Poblano. Everything is ripening at once.

Today's tomato harvest. Not picked yet, hundreds of cherry tomatoes, which I'll share  with friends this week. This is the first year I didn't grow and large tomatoes. Just mediums, and that was smart, imho, since I'm the only lover of these yummy fruits.

Zinnias from the 3 feet tall plants. Next year I'll pay better attention to the seed packet description. She sez.

Here's the meatloaf before it goes in the oven. Bacon topped because everything tastes better with bacon. I hope you all had a great holiday. Yay Autumn!

10 comments:

  1. The colors just pop all over your house against the white …….

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your sunroom looks like the most inviting room ever! Love the big windows. Obviously Dave likes it too! And the reorganized studio space will make working there so much easier. The gingham for your curtains is on the top right side of the left cupboard... Just in case you were looking for it.... hahaha. I so hope this new house is easier to live in than the last, and that it brings the two of you comfort. You have lots of garden and outdoor space, and that seems to help bring you peace. Holding you both in my heart,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know why it says I am unknown,,,,,I am Judy Morningstar...from Manitoba Canada.

      Delete
  3. Hey Mel,if you need a home for your over-abundance of veggies and zinnias, I'd be happy to adopt! Xo,Kit

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved seeing all these photographs, so full of beauty and color.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh sweet Melody....it is good to have you back again. I have said this many times....nobody does color like you do!
    My Best To You,
    LuAnn Kessi in Western Oregon
    luannkessi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would live in that sunroom year round, heated or not.

    Love the studio space. Whatever works for you. Why keep a formal living room sucking up space if it's rarely used? My parents have a formal dining room. We eat in it once or twice a year, whenever my sister's family comes down for a holiday. Otherwise it's in the kitchen. The "formal" living room is two angled sofas in front of the fireplace. I can't recall us ever using it. When guests come they sit in chairs with us around the TV.

    Didn't you buy the white leather furniture for the old new house? Looks great here. You've made everything work. And I love the studio area. I would love to have a big dedicated table for cutting and patterns and a large design wall. The built ins simply work, like they were designed for this.

    You got very lucky with this house. Both the outside and the inside, plus the few changes you made.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have two living rooms, beside the sunroom, and rarely if ever use them. Nevertheless they collect stuff and fluff and have to be cleaned, when it gets too bad. Dining? We do eat in both the dining area off the kitchen and now in the sun room too.
      The sun room gets truly cold during our short winters and our space heater and furnace were unable to keep it comfortable. It gets really hot during the hottest part of the summer, so it is only a two season room.
      Not like we don't have anywhere else to sit!

      Delete
  7. Lovely to see your beautiful home and scrumptious veggies. My heart and prayers are with you. We went through something very similar. I also divided our days into the good and the bad. I pray for many more good days for you. Love and hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello from Indiana. I have followed your blog for many years. Somehow doing a search for something quilt related I happened upon it. Anyway, I love seeing photos of your home, garden, pug dogs, and everything else you post. So, I'm just sending well wishes and hugs from far away. ~~Becky

    ReplyDelete