Friday, November 30, 2018

Ready to Roll

 I got the dedicated polymer clay oven yesterday, (60%off coupon!) and since it was suggested that I use an oven thermometer, I did and found that I needed to raise baking dial from 275 degrees to nearly 300 to get the right temp.
Everything here is baked except the pastilles on the foil sheet.  I am about to make and bake more since I need the full spectrum. Same with the knot beads, which I LOVE. More colors needed.
Here's the plan for those pastilles.
My clay collection. I found a deal at Joann's yesterday, half price on all 2oz blocks. And at Walmart I found a pound block of white Sculpey Original for like $5.  More clay arrives today, from Amazon, Kato clay which I hope is stiffer, since everything I have now is soooo soft. I'll mix them to get the right working texture.
So excited about all the possibilities!

2 comments:

  1. What fun!! Does clay cost as much as fabric, dyes and thread?? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. The excitement of a whole new focus of creativity must be fantastic.

    ReplyDelete