Friday, December 28, 2018

Weird Beads

Today is my 71st birthday *shared with Maggie Smith, Denzel Washington and Seth Myers!) and I would like to share pics of my new stuff. I plan on a quiet day indoors, since it has been raining for at least 18 hours straight. My kind of weather, no shoveling!
Feeling great, having a cuppa, and chatting online with my sister. Can't get much better than this.

 A few of the weird beads I have been making of late. I've been inspired to try and recreate some things I have seen online, and that led to other crazy ideas, and it never seems to end. Who knew this could be so much fun?
I saw something similar made from porcelain and fell in LOVE. But porcelain, and kilns, O my. 

 Beads that look like knitting. So up my alley.

I've made lots of these, which in black look like licorice.
Two views of the same piece. I added silver and gold leaf, just because it seemed like a good idea at the time. This is one bead, not two stacked. It will be a pendant.
It's very easy to get carried away with gold leaf. Two different pieces here. 

  Lentil, button and knot beads, ready to bake.

13 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday wishes from Germany. You don't age- you seemed to have as much energy as in 2002 when I met you the first time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday Mel! And many happy returns of the day. Hope to see you soon. 😘🎂🎈

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happiest of Birthdays Mel. You sure are having fun with making of these beads.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday Melody! Your beads are lovely.
    Cheers,
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday, Melody! I am always inspired by your enthusiastic explorations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday, Melody! I'm glad you had such a fun and creative day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday, Melody! Blessings for a wonderful year ahead.
    Joan from Missouri

    ReplyDelete
  8. A belated Happy Birthday! I always enjoy seeing what you are up to on your blog--makes me wish I was your neighbor!
    Can't believe you're the age you claim--art must keep you young. :-D
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are bringing your outstanding sense of colour and design to your new art form, and I am loving looking at the beads and pieces you are creating! Dec 28 was my 50th wedding anniversary, so we share important stuff on that day. Hope your coming year is filled with good health, and lots of fun creative adventures. Happy belated birthday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops, I made the comment above and didn't mean it to be anonymous. Judy Morningstar

      Delete
  10. Happy Birthday Melody! Love the beads!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Belated Happy Birthday wishes Melody!!

    ReplyDelete