Friday, November 13, 2020

New Yarns

I've been shopping from the stashes of other Ravelry members and have found some yummy yarns to buy. 

 Knitpicks Gloss DK, 70% merino, 30% silk. This is just a yummy yarn to knit, and it has a bit of a shine to boot. Here it is now in combination with Boku (95% wool, 5% silk) as I knit a new jacket.

And I found a gal who loves this yarn as much as I do, and luckily, she allowed me to have 7 skeins from her stash of over 60!!! It is 50% merino, and 50% wool. Both are wools of course, but the merino is the softest wool ever, so I like to have it in my knits.

 This is a new yarn to me, Noro Janome, which is 60% silk and 40% wool. Here's another view of this yarn:
I'll be pairing this with a solid color yarn, so that the unusual colors here will be amplified.

I really like Noro Silk Garden yarn and was happy to find one person willing to part with these two lots.
45% silk, 45% mohair and 10% wool. 

 I had one of these skeins leftover from another project and was happy to find 5 more that were in the same color. More silk garden! Yay!
And I have just ordered this yummy yarn from a Raveler, Mirasol Tupa, 50% silk and 50% merino. 

Look for these new yarns to be garments in the coming months. 

2 comments:

  1. This has nothing to do with your blog - but - you got me going on the Freida Klein books. Do you know that there is one more? It's called Day of the Dead and I'm about to start it...
    Thanks for the great tip on this series. I want to read some of their other books and see if they are as good.
    Debbie (adailydoseoffiber)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These yarns are so beautiful, it makes me wish I could knit worth a darn.

    ReplyDelete