Thursday, February 11, 2021

Dots and Dashes Cowl #2

 
Here's we go! I have had orders for seven of these, o my! This one is going to the first person on my list, as it should be. But first I must admit I made several errors in writing the pattern and caused a ton of trouble and I apologize profusely. It is so simple,  so not paying close attention, I blithely wrote all sorts of wrong directions which are now completely fixed...I hope. 

 The colors are teal, turquoise, royal blue, purple, lime and olive with a gradation from teal to pecan. The yarns are all merino or merino and silk, and several are my recently hand dyed. Had to try them out here.
I especially enjoy choosing beads to make the pin. 

 This is a detail of the seam line.

 The teal and the turquoise are the newly dyed silky merino by Malabrigo. 

My next colorway is PINK, with light to dark varieties. So appropo for Valentine's Day coming up. 
The cowl takes about an hour and a  half per section (five sets of dots and five sets of dashes) which helps pass the time as I wait for my sister to be done with physical therapy. I am her Uber, 😁

2 comments: