Saturday, March 20, 2021

Driveway bed

Over the years I have taken a lot of photos of my knitting, quilts and garden, and posted them here on the blog, or on my previous blog Fibermania. And when I look back it is clear that I take more pics of gardens than anything else. Maybe because they are always changing and becoming. 

 Here's the newest garden bed. My landscape guys, Juan et al, came at 9am and dug out this bed and were done by 11. That's the way to garden! They transplanted the remaining 14 peonies, making a total of 31 plants, and then when they left I found one more that could join them or go to live somewhere else in the yard. The magnolia and peonies were my 'inheritance' from the previous owner and I thank her, whereever she may be for blessing me with these. And I hope the people that bought all of our previous gardens are just as happy with what we left them. (including all the work!) We bought metal edging to separate this bed from the grass, and the guys will install it next time around. There is a bunch of leftover compost but I am sure it will find a home in the near future. This bed receives full sun all the long day so I have Asiatic lilies to plant and then as soon as they are available, more sun loving perennials.
I'm hoping these are white peonies.

Here's my latest purchase. This is something I wish I had had for all my gardens. Didn't even know they were made. Retractable hose! I will have my deck builders mount it on the house so that I can keep the plants watered without the struggle to rewind the hose each time. Yay!





3 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see the garden / plants as they grow. I had to chuckle...my husband the "home inspector - retired" said, "Oh, they need extensions on the downspouts". This was said when he doesn't even know how much rain you get. Guess some people never really retire. Our nursery here in WY will open up April 15 but that is still a little early to plant outdoor annuals because we could still have a freeze and lots of rain. Memorial weekend is a good time to plan on outdoor work. Makes for a short growing period for tomatoes and such.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fall is the preferred time to plant peonies. This will stress them. I would treat them with fungcide since their defenses are down.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Life Clinic via their WEBSITE www.ultimatelifeclinic.com . I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!

    ReplyDelete