Wednesday, March 17, 2021

Wearing o'the green

Happy St. Patrick's Day! Here's something green for today. I have a collection of yarns (no kidding) that are less screaming meemie than the rest of them and I thought it would be fun to put them together in this cowl, #13 making it a Baker's Dozen. Many are on the more exotic end of my stash, including Debbie Bliss Cashmerino, Takeuma from Noro, a combo of silk, wool and viscose, RYC Cashsoft DK, Poems, Toconao, and my fave Rios from Malabrigo. 


Continuing to try new things, I added a three row strip in garter between each set of pattern stitches. This enlarged the cowl to 44" in circumference which makes it about a foot longer than the rest of the collection.

Width is 12" which is nice for a shawl effect.

 Since I knit for my own enjoyment, it is nice to have a project like this where I can experience the different properties of each of these yarns. Some are quite smooth and stay separate, while others are fluffy and fiberous and fill without gaps. I've used gradient yarns in this cowl which change from mossy green to dried wheat, to loam to stone. 
I love making the pins to coordinate with the cowls, and finding just the right beads to 'match' is quite satisfying. 

 This cowl doesn't have a home yet, so if this is your cup of tea, it is available for $45 plus $5 shipping. Email me at fibermania at gmail dot com. SOLD



2 comments:

  1. I'm not a "green" person, but this is stunning Melody!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete