Thursday, March 25, 2021

The Last Cowl of the Season #15

And thus we are finished with this wonderfully fun series (for me to knit). 


Just in time for garden season to begin. Yesterday I got outside and took a look at the newly surfacing peonies next to the sidewalk which were planted too deep, which is why they are just appearing. I felt I had to rescue a few, so I dug up and transplanted four more clumps making it 35 plants in the new bed. My my. I actually tried to offer a wheelbarrow full to my neighbor whose yard I covet, but alas no one answered the door. There are still more, so I will have another chance to share. Today we are enjoying glorious thunderstorms which are so encouraging to all that is planted. I love a dark and gloomy day. Perfect for napping. 

But I keep finding new ideas on the computer. A neato keen way to cast on from one stitch and turning that into a crescent shawl. Easy to do and exciting to imagine it in some gradient yarn from my stash.
And then I have been watching Fruity Knitting on Youtube and am totally hooked. One of the guest spots was Julie Weisenberger of Cocoknits. She has devised a clever construction method for top down, all in one garment designs and I love stuff like this so I ordered her book off Amazon, not noticing the fact that the one I chose is all in German. Duh. Luckily my niece took German at school and my brother in law was stationed in Germany in the USArmy. Hopefully they will decipher the directions so I can get on with the knitting. 

2 comments:

  1. I have really enjoyed seeing all of your cowls and pins. The colors are glorious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't know if you know this site, but it might help - I'm sure you'll knit up that sweater in no time !
    http://www.knittingfool.com/Reference/Translations.aspx

    ReplyDelete