Thursday, June 10, 2021

Home #3


Home #3 
Hand dyed cottons, silk charmeuse, commercial cottons, fused, hand embroidered and machine quilted, mounted on painted wood panel, 11x14". SOLD

Yesterday my pal Patsy came over to watch how I make a fused quilt, where and how I begin and what comes next etc.
It was good for me to have a 'student' again and explain all the steps. We had a lot of fun and I especially like the resulting composition. I had more courage after making the last few works and got out my special charmeuse silk which is the part with the hand quilted circles. I am using a new photo editor which means there is a learning curve on getting the image to look like I want it to look. The focus seems a little soft to me, but I hope you get the idea.

Here's a closeup of the stitching. I am all about pots of flowers these days so just for fun I included a polka dot flower pot with French knot flowers. 

As for any questions you may have about the process, I will refer you to my free online lessons on my Focus on Fusing site. 
Please go to the beginning lesson, which can be found in the sidebar, starting with July.

This work is available for $100 plus shipping. Email me at fibermania at g mail dot com.

I have discovered that the post office is now operating more like UPS or FedEx and the cost for mailing this is between $8.85 and $13.65, depending on the final US destination. 

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete