Saturday, July 17, 2021

Meow: For all the cats I've loved before

 


Meow: For all the cats I've loved before
Hand dyed and commercial cottons and silk, fused, hand embroidered and machine quilted. Mounted on painted wood panel 12x12".
I may now be owned by pugs, but that happened late in life after the demise of our oldest cat Popeye, who lived to the ripe old age of 21. I must now love cats at a distance, which is pretty easy since my BFF Patsy has two cats, Springsteen and Jackson Brown (her actual surname is Brown) and my sister has six cats, since her new husband of one year had two, and she had four. So really, I am not far removed from kitties. I figured it was time to feature cats as art subjects.

 
The question was, should I make a cute cat or a serious cat ? How about seriously cute? His eyes are shiny silk charmeuse and the light makes them change color. 
Today was the inaugural session in my newly organized and feng shui appropriate studio and I had so much fun making this little buddy. The lighting was decent and all my supplies were at my fingertips, not lost in piles or hidden in bins anymore! It's so much easier to work when one can find things. Who knew?


Many of our cats have been orange tabbies. Beside Popeye, there was Bjorn, and as a child we had Marmelade. We also had our share of black cats, several varieties of Siamese, as well as calico and brown tabbies. So many cats, so little time. Available for $100 plus shipping to your home, email me at fibermania at g mail dot com. SOLD.

No comments:

Post a Comment