Monday, January 22, 2024

2024 Year of New Things

I don't make New Year's resolutions. But I kinda have a feeling that "if not now, when ?" and so some things will have to go and other things will come into play. 

Now that I am 76, it feels like time to relinquish things that are demanding a response or to start things I really should have done earlier. Some of these feelings are amophous, and others are concrete. 

I continue to downsize. And I'm getting really good at it. Starting with art supplies for crafts I no longer want to do. I've given away a ton of art papers, some I stamped, printed or painted, the collected supplies for collage, and hand made greeting cards I never send (who wants to spend 66 cents on a stamp?) 


 But then there are larger collected artworks that I continue to store. These quilts are decorative, not functional or washable, so they won't work to give to charity.
Argghh. Not to mention the clothing...some of this really must go.


OK enough angst about too much stuff. 
What I am bringing into my life is more enervating. 
I mentioned watching the Netflix 4 part series You are what you eat. I really get it, finally. I must focus on a plant based diet. Not a problem. I'm keeping dairy, but even that is dwindling in my fridge. So first I will use up what is in the freezer and be conscious about my shopping. Starting with this meal.

 Stuffed Shells, with ricotta, not meat. 



Crispy Zucchini Parmesan and Sauteed Baby Bella mushrooms (just for me, Dave won't eat them)

And a little wine. If I had thought ahead, a loaf of crusty bread would have been nice with this. But this was yummy and easy to do.  It didn't feel like denial in any way. I can do this. 


2 comments:

  1. Hi Mel, I very happy that you have returned to blogging. I was wondering what you do with art supplies you no longer need or want?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulation on going WFPB (Whole Food Plant Based)! It isn’t easy but it certainly is rewarding. There are some outstanding Plant Based YouTube channels: Brand New Vegan, Plant Based Dads, Well Your World, Brittany Jouradi, Krocks in the Kitchen, High Carb Hannah, and many more. I wish you happy cooking and a whole lot of good eating.Blessings.

    ReplyDelete