Tuesday, January 2, 2024

Small but efficient

This is the smallest kitchen I have ever had loved. It is my all time fave.

It's definitely a one woman kitchen, which is probably why I likey. I keep shooing Dave outta there, because he could get hurt, if he's in my way. 
Efficiency is the key word. I can stand in the middle and just pivot to do the task at hand. It cleans up in 10 minutes from any cooking mess I can create and looks like a magazine ad for quartz countertops. They are the best thing about this workspace. When they are clean, you can tell they are clean. Hated the speckled black and gray granite that came with this kitchen. 

I'm thrilled to have a big deep stainless steel sink, which did come in the original configuration. And love the window over it, with the sill to prop things on. Yes that is a mirror, which I use to see Dave lurking behind me silently, so I don't have a heart attack.



Cabinets are so tall that I have to get on a stool to reach, but I have stuff in them all the way up. And there is workspace on both sides of the stove, which I adore. (I brought that stove from the previous house, and traded the electric one back to fill in the missing spot).


 On the left are three huge drawers, for utensils, pots and pans and then on the bottom, baking equipment. A place for everything and everything in its place. On the right corner cabinets with turnstyles in the bottom and shelves in the one above the counter.

The largest workspace is the opposite side, with the dishwasher, and a long skinny cabinet for trays, pizza pans, and that big pizza peel. The cabinets above hold the dishes and glassware and right there when I unload the dishwasher. My little red radio also has bluetooth so I can listen to podcasts and Pandora. 

I lucked out big time with this fridge. I woulda never spent that much on a refrigerator, but it was part of the house deal, so I am not complaining. I love love love it.
Unfortunately, when the workers were doing this kitchen they dented the freezer drawer front. Sad. But in the end it doesn't matter. 

I mean...isn't this a lotta storage? Hmmm. Maybe I should organize a little before I take pictures. But I love that bottom drawer. O my.

Here's the stool that makes all that high up stuff accessible. The seal flips up for the second step, but is soft enough to sit on when I use it to cut Dave's hair.
The number one best part of the kitchen, the unsung hero, is the flooring. Luxury vinyl tile. Waterproof, and easy to keep clean. The floor in my previous house was gorgeous carrera marble that almost killed me several times, as it was so slippery when wet. It got wet all the time. Not this floor. It's not fancy, but it is great for me. 

My good buddy, the realtor who does all my house moves, gives me two years in this house before I want to sell. But I doubt I could find a kitchen I love as much. I am living happily ever after. 




8 comments:

  1. LOOKS LIKE YOU ARE ALL FIXED UP KITCHEN WISE. I JUST CHANGED TO QUARTZ COUNTER TOPS AND I LOVE THEM TOO.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks amazing. As for moving house, it’s so much easier in the US than in the UK. We’ve done both, and the UK system is time-consuming, horribly uncertain right up until the last minute, and expensive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a small kitchen, too, and agree that it teaches the discipline of "having a place for everything." Love all your white!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know that kitchen stool. It's a Cosco. I have one but an older model. The steps slide or tilt out so it can be a stepstool. Only way I can reach anything higher than the bottom shelf of the upper cabinets.

    Is the backspash in? I see white subway tile. I was expecting a huge pop of color.

    I like your refrigerator. Unfortunately my kitchen can't fit any of the French door models because they are all too tall. I refuse to take tou the cabinet above the refrigerator because I already lost a cabinet when I put in a dishwasher. (apartment size, not standard.) I get the convenience of the small kitchen and I love a window over the sink. My only problem is standing at the sink while the dishwasher door is open.

    Marble? I would have had it sanded to roughen it up. I have tile and love it as it is also very easy to keep clean. Never had a problem with slipping.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is this a different house than the one you moved in to in 2021? I don't do Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, TikTok or any of that stuff so when you stopped blogging I lost all touch with what was going on.

    Is this a different house? No garden? No deck? I think we need a tour to catch up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup. I moved again. I'll post the outside pics soon, and do some 'splainin'.

      Delete
  6. It is efficient but I get claustrophobic in my tiny kitchen, Only 1 big drawer. all my utensils hang on hooks from the 'louver doors of the laundry closet. Looking forward to hearing the current 'move' story.

    ReplyDelete