Friday, January 12, 2024

The Potzblitz Finale

 Here it is on the blocking pads. 74" wide and 33" deep. All the yarns are 100% merino, which made it so yummy to knit. I dyed the turquoise yarn myself, so I was happy to be using it. The white yarn is Madeline Tosh in Antler and the blues, purples and magenta are all Prism. Details of the construction are available on Ravelry. Sold.

  
I knit this over four days, and while that sounds fast, let me just say that it was a vacation. I have had electrical problems in my studio, so I had my work light and my TV on a heavy duty extension cord and I had a nice warm quilt over my legs. Hot tea kept me fueled and I binged watched "Fool Me Once" on Netflix. My review of the series: Kept me glued to the set, but was so pointlessly complicated and unlikely that I can't rate it any higher than 4 out of 10. I still had about three hours left of knitting when I finished that series, so I finished with the most recent episode of Fargo on Hulu. This is a really great series, especially this year with Jon Hamm and Juno Temple, who I loved in Ted Lasso. Now we are binge watching Billions on Prime Video, which is riveting and so well scripted. I've also been listening to the My Life in Crime podcast with Erin Moriarty. 

 The smaller pictures don't show the purple mix in the stripes. so I thought a closeup necessary.

 This is a large shawl but because the yarn is fingering weight or sport weight, it only weighs in at eleven ounces. Excellent for spring or fall wearing. 

 As mentioned in yesterday's post, I am not keeping this beauty, and will offer it to you for $45 plus shipping. Email me. I gets my kicks just clicking the needles and figuring out the pattern.

3 comments:

  1. I love your new shawl! Glad you are doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m all caught up on your blog restart. So entertaining & inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really a nice wrap!!!!! I just finished a sweater I started in October...I did have carpal tunnel surgery, holidays and life..let's see if I can think of any other excuse! HA

    ReplyDelete