Monday, August 10, 2026

Picolette Scarf



I'm trying to knit a small shawlette or scarf, using my fingering weight sock yarn, including some of my new hand dyeds. The idea is to make something that is summer wearable and can be tucked in the purse and popped on the shoulders when the AC gets frigid. This featherweight scarf is getting close to my vision. Compared to the majority of yarns I have used  in the past, this combination of yarns is much finer and the many eyelets certainly let the air flow through.  The light aqua yarn is my newly dyed merino/cashmere/nylon blend and it was so luxe to knit. That yellow/orange color is sock yarn I dyed about 12 years ago!


I'm running out of good TV and may have to reorder a streaming service again. As it is I have only Britbox, PBS, and  good ol' You Tube. I can still listen to books if what I'm knitting is mindless, but fancy designs require more little gray cells.


This little shawl/scarf measures 43.5" by 22". Size needles: 2, 3, and 4.

6 comments:

  1. Love the color combo and the picot edges.
    Andrea in MO

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you are knitting again. And sharing the results with us. Your scarves give such a wonderful texture to an outfit.
    I have one of your Dots and Dashes cowls and look forward to being able to wear it in the cooler months.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always a pleasure to drop by and see you making beautiful things in gorgeous colors! I have navy walls in my bedroom/music room and I was thinking about going lime green instead. I find it tricky to get the right green. Would you mind sharing the color name of your gorgeous lime green wall? My room definitely needs a fresher color! If you don’t have it handy, that’s fine. But it would really be a shortcut for me if I could get a Melody color in that room. Your work and home is always in my favorite colors! Love from Virginia! -Carmen Shenk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’m from West Texas, and I was among a few others victim who lost hard earned money to a Forex Scam, I had invested in a broker firm to the extent that I could not afford it because this broker firm kept demanding more money whenever it is time to withdraw profits. I was lucky to have detected the foul play on time, unfortunately I had already lost $931,795 worth of Bitcoin, Ethereum to this broker firm.
    After going to the authorities with no progress whatsoever, my lawyer directed me to a recovery agent who took over my case discreetly and began to trace and follow where the money has been laundered to, fortunately for me, this recovery team was able to trace and recover a huge chunk of my money, through blockchain technology. I was very pleased with how they handled my case and helped me gained my confidence back. Their contact information is Morphohack@CyberServices.Com

    ReplyDelete