Wednesday, September 2, 2026

Mitered Picolette Scarf

  
The Mitered Picolette Scarf may be my fave scarf to knit. It offers endless opportunities for variations, and works for lots of different weights of yarn. With this one I was commissioned to knit warm and pastel, think brown based colors, autumnal greens golds etc. 
Great! I'm in that mood these days anyway, so I was off to gather everything in my stash that matched the brief. 
My design begins with a mitered square/diamond:
 I used a crochet chain provisional cast-on so I could remove it later to knit the wings without picking up stitches. The turquoise yarn is undone to expose live stitches for each side. For this section I used slipped stitches for texture and color.

 What  I particularly like about this scarf is the way it lies on the back of the neck. No bunching. And it's not too big or bulky, because the yarn in this case is Malabrigo Rastita a DK and Merino Bliss 175 a Sport weight. After the body of the scarf is knit and blocked, I will pick up stitches along the bottom edge to make a border of eyelets and picot stitches. 








Ready to fly!


No comments:

Post a Comment