Saturday, July 23, 2016

Copying Fashion

 
This topper or duster coat is just so elegant and something I think I will wear a lot whenever it gets cool enough. I want to make it, but what pattern will I use? Back to my fave family pajama pattern, which offers simple shapes that can be adapted to fashion statements. Just leave off the collar and breast pocket, and add side vents and patch pockets. I used view C

 I used a plus printed black cotton, which has more body than most quilting cotton, and was careful to sew the patch pockets so they blended in with the print, making them barely visible.
I just need to find buttons that will work with this busy fabric. I don't like the ribbon tie in the inspiration model.
Other pieces included in this pattern that I will use are the pullover and short sleeved shirt.
 
and I threaten to make this doggy suit, but of course my pugs wouldn't dare be seen wearing it.

 
Speaking of buttons, the lovely and talented Lynn Teichman of Hands That Dream sent me these fabulous polymer clay buttons. Just my style. Thank you Lynn.


No comments:

Post a Comment