Monday, July 23, 2018

...and more sewing

 I've been making use of the fabrics in my stash. This Kaffe Fassett Brassica is one of those fabrics that is too precious to use, but I bit the bullet and am so glad I did. 
Yes I do keep making the same designs over and over. I know what I like and it is just my style. All the tops have pockets and the pants are all expandomatics. If I lose weight it is easy to tighten the elastic waist. As if...
 Another precious keeper is this Sylvia Whitesides discharged and overdyed cotton. I had only two yards and used every inch. I could only put in one pocket, as there was so little left to cut a second.




 And then I had a purpose for these pieces of linen/rayon that I got years ago. I sewed them assembly line, over two days and they are a great addition to the closet of new things. I feel like a rich woman, but all of this has been in my stash for. Ever. It's great to be able to unload the fabric shelf a bit and bulk up the wardrobe.
Although it is late July and a sauna outside, I am thinking of autumn and starting to knit again. Stay tuned for the debut of a few new pieces on offer in the coming weeks. 

13 comments:

  1. oooohhhh I don't know how you could hold off sewing up that yummy linen rayon all these years. Your new wardrobe looks so colourfully yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous, Melody!! Spandomatic pants are something I need. Is your's a specific pattern? Or, did you just whip them out all by yourself?

    maggie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used this pajama pattern...https://mccallpattern.mccall.com/m5992....loose and roomy. Easy and fast. What more could you want?

      Delete
  3. Really nice, especially the one using the Sylvia Whitesides fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Love the pieces you made, especially the floral!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Of course we are all green with envy that you can sew such fabulous pieces.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the overdyed fabric/tunic! Comfy AND chic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love, love love all the new wardrobe items. Great use of beautiful fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  8. When you put your mind to something, you really go all out. These are beautiful and sooo practical. My favorite is the top from Sylvia Whitesides fabric. The contrast getween the yokes and the vertical lines is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the Kaffe fabric, and how you used it....giving me ideas. I'd like it a little more fitted with a pleated ruffle at the elbows. Gotta look through my patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These projects were perfect for the fabrics. I understand holding fabric because you love it too much to use, but these two let the fabric shine. Well done!

    Andrea in St. Louis

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow. I love that Kaffe Fassett Brassica. And after you've worn it out as clothes it can still be cut up for quilting. At least, that's what I tell myself.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the result of sewing frenzy! Good idea about the adjustable waist for the pants, they look so comfy I need some of those for our Summer. Never though of using a pyjama pattern, must give this a try. Both tops are glorious, I have KF Brassica in most colourways but a lot of yardage of the yellow and the green - possible ideas again for Summertime.

    ReplyDelete